Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Elder Meyers is a really good guy and he makes me laugh. I know how to work with people, well at least missionaries. We have a fun time and we get work done. We found 5 new investigators this week and 5 last week. So we went from a teaching pool of 0 to 12 in two weeks! The lord has really helped us here. Dan is getting baptized up in Urbana!!!! Yeah buddy! he is such a great guy!!! Tell dad not to worry about tornados. Yes, we have a place to go. We have a member that lives like 100 yards from us. We have a key to his house and he has a basement so we are safe. Yeah, the storm on Wednesday was sweet but it was not really that bad. There were a few tornadoes but nothing touched down in Sikeston. Monday we had zone P-day. Elder Philips is serving in Dexter, the area right next to ours, it is great to have him here, I love him and he is a great missionary. Last week he found 7 new investigators  and we found 5 new so that is 12. The whole rest of the zone found 6. The Lord is just really blessing us down here in the far South of the mission. Sikeston has not been worked hard in a while. Tuesday we found a family and another guy. WE had dinner with a super family down here!!! They are the Andersons. Wednesday we had district meeting. We found a guy that wants to be baptized but his wife is not for it. But we have got a plan to help with that. Thursday we had service in the morning. and the we headed out to see a referral that went way good and we found another family. Friday we helped a family move.... Black mold had taken over their house... It was just a really bad situation the husband abuses his wife and had punched holes all over the house. We found a huge knife in the wall too. You can see Satan in this man sometimes. He has done so many drugs and stuff he just kind of snaps and looks like he has lost his will. But that is just what working in these places is like. But we are gonna fix that family. The wife said I could baptize her, she has to make some changes in her life. Saturday we taught a family that we found on Tuesday. Then we helped the black mold family again. Then we had dinner at Brother Watkins and taught a part member family. Sunday was good. It was super bowl time so no point in tracting. It was kind of lame. But yeah I love it down here ;) I just worry I am going to let the people down here. But I do love it and I think I can help some people Here =) Time is going really fast here. I only have 9 more weeks to really change some peoples lives here. I am doing a lot of chin ups and sit ups and push ups. I am starting to get some of my strength back. Well mom, I sure love you. Thanks for all of the mail and all the things you do for me! I might be going to Fredericktown for a day to do some work! Love, Elder Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment