Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

      Sorry I din't get a chance to email yesterday. Elder Rudd's back has been really bad. We have been going to doctors all over!!! It looks like he is doing better , he can walk o.k. now. This week I have spent a lot of time up in farmington with Elder Mason and Christensen, we had a great time together. The Ortons are doing really well and their son, Matt, who is Max's age has been on fire this last week. He never cared about the gospel and would always leave when the lesson would start but now something has changed and he is doing really great. The Boatwrights still haven't made it to church but they still love us a ton! Keep praying for the Boatwirghts and the Ortons. Brother Orton has gotten really sick he really needs your prayers.
    I'm not looking forward to tonight I have to dig a hole to bury a member's dog in... it has been his only friend for 13 years and now the dog  is in too much pain. So I will dig the hole and then the member will have to shoot the dog, then I will bury it. Not looking forward to this service but the member really needs the support and help. =(
    Oh I am pro at giving myself haircuts now. =) I've stopped losing weight so I started exercising more in the morning. Let's see if that helps.  Brother Houghton is off to repair damage the Hurricane caused on the East Coast. We will all miss him.
     The best missionary story I have this week happened in the middle of no where, we had been to this house about 5 times and no one had ever answered the door. We knew a less active man lived there. This time he came to the door he looked really sad. Before long he started to cry and told us his wife had started using drugs and other terrible thing that go along with hardcore drugs. They had been married for 16 years and now it was over.... he talked about how hard it was to watch his wife destroy her life and her eternal life while he tried to do everything he could to help her. I am sure heavenly father feels that way with us sometimes. He said he would come to church next Sunday, that he is ready to change his life for the better and fix his life... It was a really heart wrenching meeting!
    Oh I got a letter from Teej!!!! I write him every week =) umm lets see I also got a letter from my new fiance. (I really am not sure who he is referring to, I am wondering what I have missed in his letters) Oh I loved my email from Max and Aunt Gayle. Oh and I got a letter from Coleen =) Oh and I got my camera back so don't worry about that. I can't believe how fast time is going. I am hitting the 5 month mark and I need 1 more baptism to keep my goal of double the standard of excellence! I hope to get 3 really soon.
=) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)
I'll know next Monday if I am getting transferred. ??????????????   Love, Elder Campbelll

 

No comments:

Post a Comment